tisdag 23 april 2013

When the world is overcast, be your own rainbow!

Happy Tuesday!
Today I want to show you what I did with the black tag from last week. I painted it with black gesso and when it had dried, I applied wite gesso though a hexagon mask. I really like the effect!


Anyway, I'd colored the Punk Giraffe from the Octopode Factory the day before, and I just had to start my card even though I really didn't have time for it. I finished it over the weekend, and now I'm entering it for this week's Octopode Factory Friday Challenge. The theme of the challenge is flowers, so I've used flowers to match the rainbow.


I colored the mane of the giraffe the colors of the rainbow, and the rest of him using several grey shades, so it wouldn't take focus away from his pretty mohawk. I chose to cut banners from cardstock that match the colors of the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) and then stick them in at random lengths under the black tag.

Edit: I made Top 3! Woohoo!

I really like this giraffe, with his spiky mohawk and attitude to match! Thanks for stopping by!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Tack för att du lämnar ett spår!
Thank you for leaving me a comment!